To provide piano accompaniment for church services throughout the year and to serve as primary church musician.
Worship at Cross of Hope is not defined by a style of worship but an attitude of the heart. We call upon Jesus to help us create a safe place and space where people from all walks of life and faith can be genuine, honest with themselves, our Lord, and each other. We encourage and teach that worship is an act of offering to be lived out each day. We offer our lives, time, possessions, and gifts both inside and outside the walls of the church. Our worship styles grow out of the passions and gifts of the people who gather. Our approach is organic in the sense that our style of worship changes as God’s Spirit works in and through our community. It is the breath of the Holy Spirit that gives our worship life and it is the Holy Spirit that sends us out with an attitude of worship in our world.
- Ability to accompany church services that include traditional and contemporary music selections
- Ability to accompany music groups, ensembles, and soloists as needed
- Experience and demonstrated proficiency of piano playing and advanced sight reading ability
- Ability to communicate and work with a variety of individuals with flexibility and reliability in primarily informal settings
- Available for rehearsals as needed
- Proficient playing a variety of styles of worship music
- Ability and willingness to lead worship both instrumentally and vocally
- Experience in ensemble and soloist performance
- Experience in choir, ensemble, soloist, and instrumentalist accompanying
- Ability to mentor instrumentalists and vocalists as needed
- Availability to play for funerals, weddings, or other church events as needed
$75 per worship service
please email firstname.lastname@example.org
with your contact information – (Name, email address, and phone number), along with the best time of day to be reached by phone. Resume & cover letter not required, but if you already have them, feel free to send.