We are living in anxious and uncertain times this Lenten season. COVID-19 (Coronovirus) has threatened the health and safety of God’s beloved children around the world, disrupted economic stability worldwide, and is now threatening our social and even spiritual well being. While we must not get caught up in hype and panic, nor should we dismiss the danger and warnings around such a contagious and potentially life-threatening virus. As such, we seek to find peace and safety in the middle ground, trusting God in the midst of the unknowns.
Following the precautionary recommendations of local, state, and federal agencies to limit the spread of COVID-19, starting immediately Wednesday March 18th, until further notice, Cross of Hope will be implementing the following measures:
- Temporarily suspending all large group public gatherings and moving to online-only worship for all regularly scheduled services. We will continue to utilize Facebook for our worship live-stream, but you do not need a Facebook Account to access this service. We will try to embed the live video onto the main page of our website, but if that is not working please click here to access our live-stream. Noting the increased importance of this online ministry, we have implemented a number of changes/upgrades this week to address audio quality and connection stability issues.
- Temporarily suspending small group gatherings including Tuesday morning Text Study group, Wednesday morning Bible Study, Sunday School, and all youth aged gatherings. We are actively working on gathering resources and utilizing technology to continue to engage our Children and Youth related groups in the important work of faith formation, from a distance.
- While our building will remain locked during all typical large group gathering times, we will remain open as a community resource for individuals during regular office hours 10AM-3PM Monday-Thursday. Cross of Hope’s staff will remain available, but will be practicing at least 6 foot social distancing.
- As no one can reliably predict a timeline for the kind of unprecedented situation we’re living in right now, our Church Council is committed to reassessing the need for these precautionary measures and updating the congregation every other week.
- For ongoing prayer connection and support, please email any prayer requests to our ongoing prayer-chain email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more urgent personal or pastoral care needs, you can call our office line at 763-753-2057 or reach Pastor Jason directly at 612-888-1313.
- We encourage you to continue your financial support of the vital mission and ministry of Cross of Hope Lutheran Church during this time by utilizing our online giving portal, or checks can still be mailed into the office.
Grace and peace to you all in this time of heightened anxiety and global health concern. Our prayers continue for all whose lives are affected by this viral outbreak. May God bless you and keep you safe and healthy this day and always.